Designed by Ian Parris © Nether Heyford Neighbourhood Plan

Nether Heyford


Date:  Thursday 30th November 2017, Minutes No. 17


Present:


Tony Clewett (Chair)

Tom Dodd (Vice Chair)

Sue Corner (Secretary / Treasurer)

Ian Parris

Pat Andrews

Jeremy Rice

Vernon Cameron-Ilott

Dave Musson

George Atkinson


Apologies:


None


1. Progress Update


Call for Sites – As noted in the previous minutes SC emailed Neil Pearce to put to him our thinking on the decision we need to make regarding conducting our own ‘call for sites’ exercise.  The response we had from Neil was circulated to the Group and has enabled us to make a decision.  (See below.)


Finance – The End of Period Report was submitted to Groundworks and unused grant monies returned via a cheque from the Parish Council.  The Finance Committee of the Parish Council met on 21st November and agreed a further tranche of up to £3,000 from the 2018/19 precept to assist with funding the creation of the Plan.  The Group expressed their thanks to the Parish Council for their continued support.


Project Plan – A Project Plan was created as part of the process to apply for grant funding in February.  The dates will be checked and adjusted when applying for further funding.  (See below).


Public Consultation – When discussing the Project Plan and the timetable for writing the Plan, it was felt that the next public consultation exercise could take place earlier than originally thought.  It was decided that the best way to communicate draft Vision and Objectives was via a formal presentation rather than a drop-in event.  It was decided to hold up to four sessions over one weekend to allow the maximum number of residents the opportunity to attend.


Writing the Plan – The working group have put together an outline structure of the Plan which is attached.  TD presented a document to the Group which explained the link between objectives, policies and evidence and gave some examples of objectives and visions from other parishes Plans.


2. Next Steps


Call for sites – TC gave an overview of discussions held and Neil Pearce’s input, following which the Group decided that we do not want to allocate sites for development within our Plan, and we will not therefore, conduct our own ‘call for sites’ exercise and will use the District Council’s call for sites.  TD to produce a document which details all of the processes the Group went through to reach this decision.


Finance – TD and SC to meet on Monday 4th December to apply for further grant funding up to the end of the financial year.  The main areas of expenditure will be support from Neil Pearce and the costs of the public consultation in February.


Project Plan – The Project Plan will be updated as part of the grant application.  Our aim is to have the Plan ready for public consultation by late summer, with the referendum in the first half of 2019.


Public Consultation – Two weekends were identified for this event – 16-18 February and 23-25 February.  The second weekend was considered the best choice, to avoid school half term holiday.  The Group decided that a house to house leaflet drop would be the best way to advertise the consultation and also to prepare residents for their input.


Writing the Plan – The working group are to meet to create briefs for elements of the Plan which can be distributed to Group members for them to research.  TD undertook to be the owner of the master document.  GA mentioned that Historic England has advice on Neighbourhood Plans and their link is below.


http://content.historicengland.org.uk/content/docs/planning/neighbourhood-planning-information-aug14.pdf


The working group are to arrange a meeting with Ellie Gingell at SNC who is now responsible for supporting parishes in neighbourhood planning.


3. Any Other Business


Contribution to The Prattler – A sum of £60 was suggested as a payment for the centre page spread and the cover in the November Prattler.  SC to arrange.


Publication of NP website in The Prattler – SC to follow up.


4. Date of Next Meeting


The Group will not meet in December and therefore the next meeting is on Thursday 25th January at 7.30pm in the Youth Club.