Designed by Ian Parris © Nether Heyford Neighbourhood Plan

Nether Heyford


Date:  Thursday 26th October 2017 – Meeting No. 13


Present:

Tom Dodd (Vice Chair)

Sue Corner (Secretary / Treasurer)

Ian Parris

Pat Andrews

Jeremy Rice

George Atkinson


Apologies:

Tony Clewett

Peter Cambata

Vernon Cameron Illot


1. Progress Update


Call for Sites – The working group have engaged with Jennie from SNC, Sally Stroman and Neil Pearce, and read up on the subject of conducting our own call for sites.  The overall feeling of the NHNP Group is that we do not want to allocate sites for development within our Plan and therefore we probably don’t want to carry out our own call for sites.  As a result of SNC’s exercise in March 2016, five sites have been identified:

- Land adjacent to the canal from Bliss Close to Winston Close – application by Gladman refused and withdrawn

- Land off Furnace Lane – a proposal has been prepared by Persimmon

- Jeremy Rice’s paddock behind Church Lane

- Land adjacent to the Youth Club in Roberts Field – proposed by SNC

- Land owned by Malcolm Tarbox in Furnace Lane


Survey – The final report of the Household Survey required proof reading and formatting.  TD spent a significant number of hours ensuring that the document was user friendly, adding links for ease when reading.  It is now ready for the website and very many thanks were extended to TD for all his hard work.  TD also confirmed that the November Prattler will contain a pull out supplement of highlights of the Report together with front page advertising.   


Finance – The six month period of grant funding is coming to an end and SC presented figures which will go into the end of period report, and this is attached.


2. Next Steps


Call for Sites – Working group to discuss further with Neil Pearce and present arguments to the November meeting to enable the NHNP Group to reach a decision.


Survey – Final minor amendments to be made by TD, then it can be uploaded to the website by IP.  An in depth analysis of the results needs to be undertaken, so that we can begin to put the Plan together in a way which reflects the views and aspirations of our residents.  35 people responded to the Housing Needs Survey which was included.  The Group are anxious that the data obtained from this part of the Survey is valid and robust and therefore SNC are to be asked to ratify the survey findings.  TD shared a document he had produced which clusters comments from Appendix S, as an example of how we can start to analyse the data to guide the structuring of the Plan.


Finance – SC to report current position to the Parish Council and request two cheques, one for DCGL in the sum of £3,895.49, being unused grant, and one for £104.51 to the NHNPG,



being the balance of funds held on our behalf by the Parish Council.  The next financial period ends on 31st March 2018, and a new Expression of Wish needs to be completed in order to

reapply for grant funding.  A review of finances suggests that we are likely to need to apply to the Parish Council for further financial support but would like to delay this until March 2018, so that it can be funded from the 2018/19 precept.


3. Any Other Business


Terms of Reference – A 12 month review of the Terms of Reference is due.  These are attached for review at the November meeting.


Village Green – SC to check with Guy Ravine whether the Parish Council has a copy of NCC’s registration document for the village green.


Writing the Plan – It is felt that we are now in a position to start to write up the Plan and begin to think about draft Vision, Objectives and Policies.  PA and JR are to write up the history chapter.  SC to prepare a template of headings and chapters, for agreement at the next meeting.  Attached is the National Planning Policy Framework as this forms part of the evidence against which our Plan will be examined.


4. Date of Next Meeting


The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday 30th November 2017 at 7.30pm in the Youth Club.