Nether Heyford is a village located in South Northamptonshire District, about six miles west of Northampton Town. The village pre-dates the Norman Conquest and is mentioned in the Doomsday Book (as "Heiford"). At that time the village comprised around 500 acres of cultivated land, 19 acres of meadow and a mill. The population at that time was 11 villagers, 3 smallholders and 4 slaves. Today there are about 700 dwelling with a population of around 1800 people (no slaves!), an Anglican Parish Church, a Baptist Chapel, two public houses (The Olde Sun and The Foresters Arms), a hairdresser, butcher, patissierie and a convenience shop. There are also a purpose-built youth club, village hall and playing fields that are home to a clubs for bowls, cricket, football and tennis. The village also has one of the largest village greens in the country.
Designed by Ian Parris © Nether Heyford Neighbourhood Plan